Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Meet the "Frankenstein" Cast: Scott Mock

Meet Scott Mock


Scott is a TLT veteran, having appeared in several shows over the last few years. You might recognize him as the put-upon stage manager, Tim, from 2010's Noises Off!; as the intelligent Inspector Hearne from Witness for the Prosecution; as the dim-witted but loveable Ellard in The Foreigner (for which he won an award as Best Character Actor 2011); or most recently as the scheming Borachio in Much Ado About Nothing.

This is Scott's first lead role at TLT, as the doomed genius Dr. Victor Frankenstein, in Frankenstein opening this Thursday, October 11th.

Tell us a little about who you are when you are not on stage.
I work for the Florida Department of Transportation crunching numbers in the General Accounting Office as a Locally Funded Agreement Accountant.

How did you first get involved in theater?
I started with theatre my freshman year at Leon High School because I needed an elective and fell in love with all aspects of the stage. I kind of fell out of it for a few years, but was drawn back during the 2009-2010 season. Not just with acting but also volunteering to work backstage and with the front of house. I love how when all elements are brought together, a kind of magic occurs.

What do you love most about acting? 
I love the opportunity to step into someone else's shoes for a bit. If you see me outside of the theatre, I am typically a pretty quiet guy, acting allows me to unlock my hidden gregarious side.

What drew you to Frankenstein?
I had first read the novel when I was about 13 years old, and it stuck with me. I think the story is much more than just your typical monster fare. There is an underlying tragedy of a man who goes too far and loses everything as a result.

What is the most challenging aspect of this show? 
I think making Victor as a relatable character is kind of challenging. It would be easy to go over the top and make him a mad man in his quest to create life, but in order for the audience to want him to succeed in the end, he has to be grounded.

What would you say to encourage someone to try acting? 
If you have ever thought about it, definitely come out and audition. You never know you might have something that a director was looking for. And if you don't get cast, don't let that discourage you there are plenty opportunities to be a part of the show and hang out with some pretty cool people.

Scott Mock as Victor Frankenstein

Tickets for Frankenstein are on sale now! 
You can purchase yours online here or by calling 850-224-8474. 

Watch the trailer!



No comments:

Post a Comment